WAIANAE INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL CAMPUS RULES
Waianae Intermediate School is proud of its staff, students and campus. In order to promote social and academic success, school campus rules are set to state what behaviors are and are not allowed.
Waianae Intermediate School will provide a safe and positive learning environment for all students regardless of individual differences.
- For safety and security reasons, the school ID and uniform are mandatory and must be worn and must be visible at all times when on campus.
- Students must follow the WIS Dress Code at all times, including field trips.
- Zippered or buttoned jackets are acceptable.
- Hats, beanies, bandanas, and non-WIS hooded sweatshirts cannot be worn to school. Students are allowed to wear WIS uniform hooded sweatshirts.
- Any items depicting drugs, alcohol, violence, sex or marijuana are not allowed.
GUM AND FOOD:
- Please enjoy food outside of the classroom.
- Gum and sunflower seeds are not allowed on campus.
- No selling of food or any other items on campus.
- Food fights are prohibited.
-To minimize disruptions during instructional times, any food dropped off during the school day can be picked up at the front office during recess, lunch and afterschool.
- Cell phones must be turned off and out of sight at all times while on campus until after school.
- Personal belongings are the responsibility of the individual student. Do not leave personal items unattended. WIS is not responsible for the loss, theft, or damage of these items.
- Problem items such as electronics (speakers, headphones, iPods, etc.), toys, laser pens, spray paint, Sharpies, paint pens, or other permanent markers are not allowed in school.
- Be in your assigned seat and ready to learn before the tardy bell rings.
- Students must have a planner, pen/pencil, SURFF/reading book and any other materials necessary for learning.
- All students leaving the classroom must have their Hallway Passport (attached to the planner) signed by a WIS staff member.
- You must attend each class period assigned on your schedule or you will be considered truant.
- Classroom behaviors must support teaching and learning.
- Be respectful to all teachers, staff, students, and campus visitors.
- Follow WIS Positive Behavior Matrix at all times.
- Rough-housing, tackle football, play fighting, and other rough play are not allowed.
- WIS is a closed campus. Students are not permitted to leave campus from the time they arrive until they are dismissed from school.
- No public display of affection (kissing, holding hands, hugging, etc.).
-The possession, use, or sale of alcohol, drugs, or tobacco is prohibited.
- The use of profane/vulgar language or gestures, including spitting, is prohibited.
- When moving around campus as a class, students will walk silently in two straight lines and follow the teacher’s directions.
-When moving around campus, always walk on the right side of the walkway and stairs.
AFTER SCHOOL BEHAVIORS:
- Students are expected to exit campus promptly when school ends, unless assigned to tutoring, school clubs, After School Detention, After-School All-Stars (ASAS). WIS provides supervision for only 10 minutes after school.
- All school rules apply.